Planning and Zoning

For requests that require Planning Commission or Zoning Board of Appeals review and/or approval, all sign permits, fence permits, rezoning requests, special land use, PUD, site plan, road cuts, land division, or master planning, please contact Nicholas Wikar, City Planner. You may only need a building permit for simple projects. If you need a site plan review, special use permit or a zoning variation, he can walk you through the process so there are no surprises.

The City Planner is available by appointment Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. to  11:30 a.m.  Or he can be emailed anytime at  If you would like to schedule an appointment, please phone (269) 857-1438 and speak with the Deputy Clerk or email

Target Market Analysis – The Retail Study
Target Market Analysis – The Housing Study

Planning Commission – Presentation by Ryan Kilpatrick

For residential building permits please contact:
Michigan Township Services, Inc.
111 Grand Street
Allegan, Michigan
269-673-3239 (Local)
800-626-5964 (Toll Free)
269-673-9583 (Fax)


Nicholas Wikar
City Planner
City of the Village of Douglas

Stay in the loop with Douglas email announcements and information.